Learn how to upcycle tiny fabric scraps into gifts and greeting cards in just one hour!
If you’re looking for a fun way to turn all your little pieces of fabric into a beautiful project, try making Boro Patch Motifs.
Use this fun technique to make decorative patches using all the tiny pieces of fabric that you normally throw away!
Like a lot of quilters (and seamstresses!) I have a lot of scraps leftover from projects…..different sizes, special fabrics, and those that I think I’ll reuse. One day!
I hate throwing them away – even the teeny tiny pieces that are only 1/2″ big and oddly shaped! – and am always on the lookout for different ways to use them.
I love the Boro Boro philosophy of creating new fabric from something old, and have adapted this technique for tiny pieces of fabric.
Sewing Greeting Cards!
Alongside gift ideas such as coasters, I also teach you all the techniques and tips you need to know to sew beautiful applique greeting cards.
1. Tips & Tricks
- Learn the inspiration behind Boro Patch Motifs
- Hints and tips for how to make and use them
2. How to
- Step-by-step written and video instructions making Boro Patch Motifs
- Trouble-shooting potential problems.
3. Fun projects
- Small project ideas pattern sheets, with more coming!
- How to sew greeting cards.
With the techniques you learn during this mini-course you will be able to use the tiniest scraps of fabric and create one-off projects and greeting cards.
As well as being scrap-busting, Boro Patch Motifs are a perfect small project to re-ignite your Sew-Jo, or something that can be completed in a short period of time!
Boro Patch Motifs Mini Course
Costs £15 / $21
When you purchase the Boro Patch Motifs course, you will get immediate access to these Bonuses so that you can get started straight away….
- Template Library – so that you can get started straight away!
- Seasonal motif templates included (with more coming!)
Recommended Tools & Supplies
What Students are saying
Hi! I’m Sonia!
A quilter, designer, course-creator and occasional dress-maker.
I have been quilting since 2012, and featured in popular magazines such as Love Patchwork & Quilting, Quilt Now, Make Modern and Mollies Makes, as well as teaching workshops.
I like to demystify sewing by sharing techniques, tutorials, hints and tips I’ve learnt on my own journey on my website.
You can read more about me here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens when I buy Boro Patch Motifs?
- You will be asked to set-up a log-in and have access to your account. You will also receive an email receipt and Log In link, where you can also set-up your account.
- If you haven’t received an email, please check your junk folders and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe Sender list.
- Who is this class for?
- This mini-course is aimed at sewists and quilters of all levels. During each of the modules, I take you through each of the techniques step by step, including lots of hints and tips along the way.
- What equipment do I need?
- You will need a sewing machine, fabric scraps, some backing fabric (slightly bigger scraps!) and fabric glue.
- For greeting cards, you will also need card blanks.
- Inside the course, I include a list of my recommended tools and supplies.
- What is the format of the classes?
- Boro Patch Motif’s is a mix of presentations, video and PDF patterns and templates.
- The PDFs are viewable within the platform and also available as a download.
- Can I revisit the classes?
- Yes! You have lifetime access, including any updates – and new motifs/projects – that are added!
- Do you offer refunds?
- Due to the digital nature of these classes, I’m afraid I cannot offer a refund.