Whilst I was going through my craft stuff the other week, I came across a sew in purse frame that had been free with a magazine. I knew that I had some Oakshott lying around and thought it would make a lovely little purse to use with my dress.
I’ve always loved how Oakshott looks different depending on how the light hits it and thought I would add pleats for a bit of detail and interest to the purse. So I added 1.5″ to each half (on the centre fold) so that I could add three pleats to each half of the purse. I ironed the pleats into place and then sewed each exterior piece to sew in interfacing before making the purse up as per the instructions in the tutorial.
|Small pleated purse by fabricandflowersuk|
It only took a couple of hours to pull together (the pleats were a bit of a pita!), although I did cheat slightly by gluing it into the frame, rather than sewing (ever the rebel!). I’m really chuffed with how it came out and I think the pleats add an art-deco look to it. It’s not the biggest of purses but enough for the essentials!
|And the inside…just big enough for essentials by fabricandflowersuk|
Back soon with the knitted shawl!
Todays sky ● a real mix today, but lots of blue skies in the afternoon